On January 11, 2023, Fasken, along with TMX Group Ltd. (“TMX Group”, which includes the Toronto Stock Exchange (“TSX”) and TSX Venture Exchange (“TSX-V”)) and Laurel Hill Advisory Group (“Laurel Hill”), hosted a conversation on disclosure and regulatory considerations for issuers leading into the 2023 proxy season. The panel discussed five areas of recent developments that will be relevant for public companies:
- an update on proxy advisory firm voting guidelines;
- an update from the TSX and TSX-V;
- regulatory and continuous disclosure updates;
- corporate law amendments; and
- other topics of interest including developments from the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) and virtual shareholder meetings.
For a recording of the conversation of these items, please see the Fasken Proxy Season Preview 2023 webinar.Continue Reading Proxy Season Preview 2023